JEA maintains a list of pre-qualified contractors for customers to choose from when performing a home energy or water upgrade, which qualifies for a rebate. Rebates offered by JEA are deducted from your purchase amount by the pre-qualified contractor. JEA does not send rebates directly to customers, so if you do not use a pre-qualified contractor, you will not be eligible to receive the corresponding rebate.
JEA Pre-Qualified Contractors must:
- Abide by all local, state and federal guidelines, applicable laws, building codes, regulations and licensing requirements.
- Maintain required license(s) or certification(s), insurance to perform home energy or water upgrades, and have agreed to follow the JEA program guidelines.
- Install all program measures for maximum sustainable energy and water efficiency effectiveness.
JEA Pre-Qualified Contractors will provide:
- Invoices detailing the work that was done.
- Invoice line item showing JEA rebate deduction for measure(s) installed.
JEA will conduct quality control inspections on installed measures. Inspections will be spread across all pre-qualified contractors. In the event of any contractor problem, JEA will address, retrain and order remediation of failing work. JEA encourages our customers to get at least three estimates, ask for references and to check out any professional you may consider hiring via the Better Business Bureau and/or the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
Become a Pre-Qualified Contractor:
JEA pre-qualifies an exclusive group of contractors that offer energy and water efficiency services to customers.
For more information on how to become a pre-qualified contractor please contact us at 877-278-3418 or JEARebates@franklinenergy.com.